Scrappy Quilt-y Flower Pin Pattern
I love the look of vintage quilts and vintage accessories, don't you? I wanted to create a project that looked like a beloved old quilt, without actually cutting one up. You can get a great vintage looking flower pin, and use up some fabric in your stash to boot!
Dress up a jacket, hat, or your favorite tote or purse.
This is also available as a digital pattern for instant download - click here.
- 4 different, 100% cotton fabrics (unwashed) –
- 2 fabrics, each 7” square (or 2 different “layer cake” squares, 10”)
- 4” scrap of fabric for “yo-yo”
- 2” scrap of fabric to cover bottom
- Piece of thin cotton batting (about 7” square, unless using “layer cake”, then you will need a 10” square of batting.
- Scrap of felt for back of pin
- 1 ½” Pin back (available at craft stores)
- Size/No. 30 (3/4”) Half Ball Cover Button
- Sewing Thread
- Scrap of thin cardboard (a cereal box will work fine)
- Optional: template plastic
- Hot glue gun, sewing needle, sewing machine
***A note about shipping charges- The shopping cart sometimes has difficulty estimating shipping when there are multiple items in the cart. If you order several items and are overcharged for shipping, you will be refunded the difference. Thank you.
We Also Recommend