Scrappy Quilt-y Flower Pin Pattern - Digital
I love the look of vintage quilts and vintage accessories, don't you? I wanted to create a project that looked like a beloved old quilt, without actually cutting one up. You can get a great vintage looking flower pin, and use up some fabric in your stash to boot!
Dress up a jacket, hat, or your favorite tote or purse.
- 4 different, 100% cotton fabrics (unwashed) –
- 2 fabrics, each 7” square (or 2 different “layer cake” squares, 10”)
- 4” scrap of fabric for “yo-yo”
- 2” scrap of fabric to cover bottom
- Piece of thin cotton batting (about 7” square, unless using “layer cake”, then you will need a 10” square of batting.
- Scrap of felt for back of pin
- 1 ½” Pin back (available at craft stores)
- Size/No. 30 (3/4”) Half Ball Cover Button
- Sewing Thread
- Scrap of thin cardboard (a cereal box will work fine)
- Optional: template plastic
- Hot glue gun, sewing needle, sewing machine
We Also Recommend